CONNECTING WORD TO COMPLETED THE SENTENCES

 

Nama: Rifka Mulyani Jamil

Nim: 210407502023

Kelas: M21.2


CONNECTING WORD TO COMPLETED THE SENTENCES

EXERCISES 1

Choose the correct word 'despite', 'however' or 'although'.

1) Despite the rain, we still went to the park.

2) Although it was raining, we still went to the park.

3) It was raining however, we still went to the park.

4) John bought the watch, despite the fact that it was expensive.

5) John bought the watch. However it was expensive.

6) Although it was expensive, John bought the watch.

7) I finished the homework. It, however wasn't easy..

8) I finished the homework, although it wasn't easy.

9) Despite the fact that it wasn't easy, I finished the homework.

10) She went for a long walk, despite being cold.

11) Although she was cold, she went for a long walk

12) She was cold. She went for a long walk, however. 

13) The restaurant has a good reputation however , the food was terrible.

14) Despite the restaurant's good reputation, the food was terrible.

15) Although the restaurant has a good reputation, the food was terrible.

EXERCISES 2

Complete the sentences with Although / In Spite of / Because /Because of.

1) Although it rained a lot we enjoyed our holidays.

2) In spite of all our careful planning, a lot of things went wrong.

 3) Although we had planned everything carefully, many things went wrong.

4) I went home early because I was not feeling well.

5) I went to work the next day  although I was feeling unwell.

6) She only accepted the job because of the salary, which was very high.

7) She accepted the job in spite of  the salary, which was rather low.

8) I managed to get some sleep although  there was a lot of noise.

 9) I couldn't get to sleep because of  the noise.

10) He passed the exam although  he hadn't studied very much.

11) I ate a lot  in spite of my stomach ache.

12) In spite of what I said yesterday, I still love you.

13) We didn't go out because  it was raining.

14) We had to stay at the air port because of  the controllers strike.

15) I didn't get the job although I had all the necessary qualifications.

EXERCISES 3

Choose the correct linking words !

1) He went to work  ( Though, Despite, When, Everas , If)  Being Ill.

2) Jake couldn't sleep   (Although, when, nevertheless, yet ) he was very tired.

3) Brian is good at maths   (In Case, where as, because, in Spite Of )his sister is good at science.

4) She Talks  ( In Case, however, as, If , although ) she knows everything.

5) It was very late.   (While, nevertheless, though, as A Result ) the guests didn't leave.

6) Lisa went shopping  ( When , as , If, while, but ) she didn't buy anything.

7) They managed to make a Meal   ( Despite, although, in case, yet  ) there wasn't much food in the fridge.

8)  ( In spite of, as soon as, although,however ) he fell asleep the phone rang.

9) You can keep those Cds   ( However, when, still, as long as ) you like.

10) I'll write to you   ( Wherever, as soon As, while, despite ) I have the results.

11) They bought him a gift   ( While, when, during, since ) it was his birthday.

 12) ( Although, in Spite Of, during, while  ) the heavy snow we managed to get back to the office.

13) The man fell off the ladder.   ( As a Result, however, just, in Case ) , he wasn't hurt.

14) I took some paper and a pen  ( Despites, That, therefore, if, So ) I could make some notes.

EXERCISES 4

Completed The Sentences With Suitable Conjunctions Until, when, before, after

1) On Sundays I often stay in bed before  until 10 o'clock.

2) After While John has done his homework, he may play his favourite computer game.

3) We were on our way to Ashville when  while our car broke down.

4) After Before I go to school, I take my little brother to preschool.

5) I'll phone you until  when  I'm there.

6) It's still two days after before our son flies back to Chicago.

7) After Until I finished school, I went to New Zealand.

8) We had left the beach before until the rain started.

9) We stayed in our house before until  the rain stopped.

10) When While he heard about the accident he was shocked.







Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE

TUGAS KAPITA SELEKTA

FUTURE TENSE