FUTURE TENSE

 

Future Tenses – Exercise

A. Exercise

Fill in the correct future tense - will future, going to or present progressive.

1. They will (drive) to New York tomorrow morning.

2. I hope the weather will(be) nice.

3. I offered him this job. I think he will (take) it.

4. I promise I wiil (not tell) your secret to anyone.

5. Take your umbrella with you. It will (rain).

6. They will (play) cards this evening.

7. I wil(go) to the cinema tomorrow.

8. They will (fly) to Seattle next summer holidays.

9. I will (invite) 50 people to the party, and I hope everyone (come).

10. That exercise looks difficult. I will (help) you.

11. he will (go) to the football match?

12. Are you sure they will (win) the match?

13. She probably will (stay) till Thursday.

14. He will (not leave) tomorrow.

15. We think he will (come) home late in the night.

 

B. Use the verbs in brackets in the correct future tenses – will-future, going to-future, Simple Present

or Present Progressive.

Hide example

Example:

The weather nice on Sunday. (to be)

Answer:

The weather will be nice on Sunday.

1. The train leaves at 11:45. (to leave)

2. We are going to have dinner at a nice restaurant on Saturday, but we haven’t booked a table yet.

(to have)

3. My ski instructor believes it will snow in the mountains tomorrow evening. (to snow)

4. On Sunday at 8 o'clock I am meeting my friend. (to meet)

5. They are fkying to London on Friday evening at 8:15. (to fly)

6. Wait! I will drive you to the station. (to drive)

7. The English lesson stars at 8:45. (to start)

8. I am going to see my sister in April. (to see)

9. Look at the clouds - it is gaoing to rain in a few minutes. (to rain)

10. Listen! There's someone at the door. I will open the door for you. (to open)

 

C. We use several different tense forms to talk about future. This grammar exercise tests your ability to

express futurity in English.

1. I will hit you if you say that word again.

am hitting

will be hitting

will hit

2. I think our team will win

will win

would win

will be winning

3. Shall help you with the housework?

Will

Would

Shall

4. This time tomorrow I will be having a discussion with my boss.

will have

will be having

am having

5. By next Christmas we will have lived in this city for twenty-five years.

have lived

will have lived

will be living

6. I will be home late tonight.

am

will be

would be

7. She will arrive before too long.

will arrive

is arriving

would arrive

would be arriving

8. I will phone you when I have time.

will have

would have

will be having

have

9. I will discuss your situation with my boss when I meet him tomorrow.

meet

will meet

would meet

10. I will follow you wherever you go

are going

will go

go

11. You can take anything I find

will find

am finding

find

12. She will be upset when she finds out what you have done.

is upset

would be

will be

 

D. Put the verbs into the correct form (future I simple). Use will.

Jim asked a fortune teller about his future. Here is what she told him:

1. You (earn) will earn a lot of money.

2. You (travel) will around the world.

3. You will (meet) lots of interesting people.

4. Everybody will (adore) you.

5. You will (not / have) any problems.

6. Many people will (serve) you.

7. They will (anticipate) your wishes.

8. There will (not / be) anything left to wish for.

9. Everything will (be) perfect.

10. But all these things will (happen / only) if you marry me.

 

Exercises

E. Complete the sentences for situations in the future. Decide which tense you need to use.

1. Aaron is carrying two tires – he is going to (change) the tires on a car.

2. Next week is (be) the beginning of winter and the weather forecast says that there will (be) snow tomorrow.

3. That’s why many of the garage’s customers have made an appointment and (call in) in today to get their winter tires.

4. By the end of the day, Aaron will have (mounted) about 80 tires.

5. He will probably be (be/probably) tired after that.

6. It’s a lot of work for one day, but his customers promise that next year they will (have) their

tyres changed earlier.

7. That’s what they always say, but they will surely have forgotten (forget/surely) about it by next year.

8. Some customers have agreed that they are pickung (pick up) their cars tomorrow.

9. They have decided to go home by bus, which stops (stop) in front of the garage every hour.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE

TUGAS KAPITA SELEKTA